Author : Kees Hengeveld
Publication date : 1991
Bibliographical references :
Hengeveld, Kees. 1991. "Questionnaire: the internal structure of adverbial clauses". EUROTYP theme group on adverbial relations, operations and connectives. Amsterdam
"The aims of the project can be formulated as follows:
1. To find out whether there are systematic correlations between the semantic types of adverbials on the one hand and their expression formats on the other both within and across the languages of Europe;
2. To find out whether these correlations are connected with other features of the languages concerned, in particular:
- their general system of subordination
- their system of complementation
- their parts-of-speech system." (Hengeveld, 1991: 1)
The questionnaire is divided in three parts:
1. 'Subordinated constructions': linguists "are asked to provide a description of the full array of expression formats used." (Hengeveld, 1991: 2). Parts 2 and 3 rest on this section.
2. 'Adverbial clauses': "the focus is on the expression formats used for the realization of different types of adverbial". (Hengeveld, 1991: 2).
3. 'Complement clauses': "the focus is on the expression formats used for the realization of different types of complement". (Hengeveld, 1991: 2).
The questionnaire was developed within the context of the Eurotyp project.